Monday 21 February 2011

Stylish Blogger Awards!

I'm utterly delighted and not a little astonished to find out that the fabulous StupidGirl who's blog can, and SHOULD, be read here has awarded me with a Stylish Blogger Award!


As a recipient of this award I am supposed to share seven random facts about myself so here goes: -

1.  I adore tattoos. I have 18 tattoos (if you count them all separately), my husband has none

2. I am obsessed by the Tudor period - art, poetry, history. Everything about it. If I could choose a time to travel back to it would most certainly be then.  I would of course be rich!

3. I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't own or at least want to own a Kindle.  I love books too much - the smell, the feel - to ever want an electronic copy of my favourites.

4. I played rugby union for 4 years and rugby league for 2 years (these ran concurrently!).  Rugby League is by FAR the harder to play!

5. My favourite place in the world is Whitby. I love everything about it from the atmosphere, to the quaintness, to the tuppenny machines in the arcades! Our daughter has been every year of her life so far and this will continue!

6. My favourite song ever is Eagleheart by Stratovarius - such wonderful, cheese, true and honest rawk!

7. I am double-jointed and can make all my fingers bend just at the top knuckle.  I can also make my toes move side to side.  These really freak most people out!

So that's it, 7 things about me.  And now I'm also supposed to recommend a further 10 blogs so here goes: -

Tales of a mother to two demons 
Fabulous recommendations for make up and afternoon tea!
Muddling Along Mummy
Blogging about beauty products
A frank blog about motherhood to a newborn and toddler
The not so glamorous side of pregnancy
Blogging the journey of becoming a writer
Getting through motherhood!
Journalist, writer and general rugby league aficionado

And of course, the lovely blogger - and dear friend - that started this


A London girl's thoughts on a lot of things!

Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. awww *goes off to check out the blogs you mention*

    PS You're not the only person who hates kindles/e-readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much! I have a Kindle but I prefer books. Alas small house, no more room [sob].

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 tats? Wow. I am so too wussy to do it, not because of the pain but because I am so feckless and indecisive and would probably spend my life regretting it. LOVE Angelina Jolie's one which is the co-ordinates of each of her children's birth places though. Are yours 'for' anyone iyswim?
    Thanks too for the link up. L x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol most are very small! I have 3 stars - one for each of us which I intend to get coloured at some point. To be fair I did count separately - so on my shoulder I have six stars, on my foot three bats.

    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

    ReplyDelete